Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Catching Up: Jennifer Perlmutter & All Things Go


(via 2modern)

Stunning art work from Jennifer Perlmutter.

(Also, completely random and entirely off-base note, I'm not sure if certain folks should be allowed to describe their own work. B/c then things like this happen. Why not throw a bone to their struggling writer friends?)

"Inspired by a Sufjan Stevens lyric, this new series is a visual journal of rebirth and transformation. Through collage of old paper that has been painted or treated in some way, I create a maelstrom of debris and chaos. The marks around the shape transform the dark emotion and make a bridge into the light and calm. Throughout, the tension between extremes remains."

1 comment:

  1. I'd rather not have to ever describe anything I've done. Unless it's a joke. Possibly most artists are so in need of seeming superior that they describe everything as groundbreaking and better than it really is. I feel like that's what I would do.

    ReplyDelete